Wednesday 14 October 2015

Today

“How we spend our days is of course how we spend our lives.” ~Annie Dillard

Time. That inevitable, uncontrollable, damned necessity of a corner stone that leads to all manner of circumstances, painful and pleasant, and the ever-subsequent healing and growth that results from such experiences.

It is elusive at best. Something we stress over as the years pass, yet waste so much of on a daily basis. Time sets things in motion. Stress and aging for example. We are like a dog chasing it’s tail, and ignorant of our laments, time flies past us. It leaves us to bemoan what we have not accomplished; what we have not attained. The timer is set, and we are racing against it.

Why the focus on outer beauty? Why the pressure to obtain success as the world sees it? My question is this: What are you doing with your time today?

Spend your time with people you love, who love you in return. Love and community: The greatest investments of one’s time. 

After all, relationships and the memories created therein are the only things we take with us when our time is up.

1 comment:

  1. Today I had a day off...an actual full day off! I cleaned my house, putting things away with the pride of a homeowner, made myself delicious healthy food, completed a myriad of tasks on my never ending to do list, and then instead of taking a walk in the gloomy grey afternoon I reinvented myself through a reflection of who I have been, what I have done and where I am going next. It turned into a beautiful collage on my wall with photographs of myself throughout my happiest moments in life, drawings and paintings I have created and a few other notes of inspiration filled with color, chaos and spaces for new things to be added. I look up at it from behind my computer and smile. Today I am proud of who I am. My memories remind me of my strength and keep me moseying along in the direction of my whispering intuition. I adore you. I miss you. Sending you love and giant squishy squashy hugs!

    ReplyDelete